Thursday, July 12, 2007

Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix - REVIEW

Review? Well, sort of.

I don't like to give detailed reviews of movies I've seen because everyone gets totally different things out of the same movie.

Here's my 2 cents:

It was a book, made into a movie - OF COURSE THERE ARE CHANGES!
The changes, although some are distinct changes, really don't take away from the overall plot.

I don't think it was the best movie yet - but I really enjoyed myself. There are lots of little jokes where the adults were laughing, and the kids were not.

I loved seeing how the actors have really grown into themselves. They've mostly past that akward puberty stage, and are growing into being young adults.

There's a scene between Harry and a girl, that brought me right back to being a teenager.

Umbridge's character, although evil, the actress did an amazing job with her.

Grawp looked nothing like I expected.

Filtch's run still makes me laugh out loud.

The pacing of this movie I think is the fastest paced HP movie to date.

You get the idea.....

As for the experience of seeing Harry Potter on opening night:
People in costumes
People with lightening bolts on their foreheads
People RUNNING to the theater when they let the line in
Almost every seat filled in the theater
It was fun.

Peace & Blessings!

No comments: