Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Framed Art

I don't like to post multiple posts to my blog, per day. I prefer to do a post a day, sometimes a little less.

Today just isn't one of those days! I am bursting to share!

I made this last night, and I'm going to hang it in my office to remind me of what's important:
Laugh Louder, Play Longer, Love More - coupled with my all time FAVORITE stamp - the smiling, joyful flower! (oh, and for you stampers out there - the eyelets - were set silently with my Crop-O-Dile... as I made this around midnight and Adam was in the bedroom; directly above my stamping room; trying to sleep - ROCK ON!)



Because it's hard to tell - even if you click on the picture to make it bigger - here's what I did:
Background paper done with a jumbo roller
Black strip - with 4 eyelets - soft subtles
Words done with black embossing powder, then punched out, and inked the edges.
Cut the ribbon, and attached to back.
Words and ribbon attached with foam double sided tape to add dimension
Matte for flower I ran through my Big Shot using a Cuttlebug embossing folder, then inked
Flower stamped in purple, and watercolored - paper edged in yellow
Eyelets set with Crop-O-Dile (such a BEAST of a tool!)
Cleaned the glass, popped it in the frame - ready for hanging!

Peace & Blessings!

1 comment:

Sheila D. Staves said...

I need to make a smaller version of this to carry on my person at all times!
...Sheila