Monday, January 1, 2007

Intuitive Stamping




My family is sooooo good to me. For Christmas this year, the majority of my gifts were: STAMPS! YAY!

Last night I played around with a couple of my new stamp sets. This card was fun because it evolved. What I had envisioned in my mind was something completely different than how this turned out. I love when I allow myself to follow my intuition when making cards instead of trying to hold fast to my original idea. Don’t get me wrong, focusing on my goals and visualizing my intentions are practices that I do on a daily basis; however I think that when I’m in the creative flow it’s best to allow the card to happen, rather than force it.

Anyways, it’s kind of hard to tell in the photo; but I did the flower with watercolor, and then did the fabulous “2 step stamping” with the black overlay. The purple background has speckles, and I left the yellow plain. The fun part was punching the letters out with a regular hole punch! New toy – stamp sets with the letters that are small enough to punch with a hole punch! Love it!

I’m looking forward to purchasing a digital camera. I’ve learned a knitting technique that I want to share. I’ve made myself a hat & scarf, Adam a hat, and have started 2 hats for my Dad and a friend. I tried to take pictures with the palm pilot today, but they just didn’t come out well. So, something to look forward to!

Peace & Blessings!

No comments: