Sunday, May 25, 2008

Jellyfish Soup?

Adam and I were invited to a special dinner in Albany.

Chinese - but not American Chinese food- REAL Chinese food.

It was amazing, and slightly scary (when the wait staff doesn't speak the best English, and when you ask "What's that?" and they say "Fish".... well......) , but overall AMAZING! Adam will try almost anything - and when I say almost - it's close to he'll try anything. So I just took a deep breath and dove right in.

Oh, and before I forget - the chef - from China - picked up our ingredients from New York City - this morning!

We started off with jellyfish soup.

I cannot even begin to describe the texture and flavor of jellyfish. You just have to try it.
It was AWESOME!

Then came out the chicken and duck (with the head still on).
A cold plate of pork, squid, and beef.
2 different types of fish (with the head still on).
Squid - I have no idea how it was prepared.
Fried squid - YUM-O!
Noodles
And eggplant something...
clams
Lobster
I know I'm forgetting a few things
(The food just kept coming and coming!)
Finished off with orange slices and a sweet red bean soup.


I just love that I can now say - "I've had jellyfish!"

Peace & Blessings!

No comments: