Wednesday, August 1, 2007

More Post It Note Holders & Surreal Experiences

This one is for my Mother-In-Law:


And this one is for a woman in my Mother-In-Law's office, known as "The Queen":


On another note entirely:

I had a surreal experience after work.

I was on my way home, at a major intersection, at a red light. I was the first car, and I needed to take a Left. There was a lane to my Right, for crossing through traffic.

The light turned green, and I also got a green arrow. As I was turning left to head home, I heard the loud screech of brakes, and I turned my head to see the lady in the car, that was crossing through the intersection, get slammed on her passenger side by a car that obviously didn't see the red light for him, and must have been going over 40 or 50 miles an hour.

So, here's the thing: She blocked that car from hitting me. If she wasn't there, that car would have slammed into me.

The odd thing about it all, I didn't react. I didn't even realize the full situation until I just happened to mention to Adam that I saw a car accident today. I actually said "Oh, honey, by the way, on my way home from work, I saw a crazy accident" When he asked me more, I pulled out a piece of paper and drew the intersection, and what happened, and it wasn't until then, when I saw where I drew my car, and where the car was that was hit, when I realized that if that car wasn't there, I would have been hit.

I feel a bit callous for saying it; however, I also feel like I was Divinely protected. Everything happened in slow motion, and I felt a calmness and peace come over me - like nothing I've ever felt before. I remember driving home, feeling completely present and calm.

It really was surreal.

Peace & Blessings!

No comments: