Saturday, June 2, 2007

Stamping on Whiteboards


This was my first try at a whiteboard. I've been meaning to do this for about a year. I did make a big mistake - and I'm sharing so you don't make the same mistake.

Project:
Whiteboard
Painters tape
Staz On ink
Permanent Markers
Post It Notes
Spray Sealer

1. Clean your whiteboard and apply painters tape around the metal frame to protect it from the spray sealer.

2. Stamp your images with Staz On ink. Be careful, the ink contacting the whiteboard becomes slick. You must stamp straight down, and pull straight up -evenly. Do NOT angle the stamp at all, or you will smudge. Luckily my smudged image came right off because I cleaned it immediately with Staz On Ink cleaner. YAY.

3. Color / highlight the stamped images with your permanent markers. I was hoping to use watercolor pencils, but they just do not work on the whiteboard surface. I only highlighted the images with the permanent markers, because coloring will pull the Staz On Ink - then your image is smudged.

4. Allow your ink to dry. I hit it with my heat tool for about 20 seconds.

5. Cover the whiteboard that you will want to write on later with post it notes. You only want your stamped images to be showing.

6. Spray the board with the sealer. Allow to dry.

7. Pull off post it notes. Pull off painters tape. You are ready to write.

My big mistake: I grabbed my Matte spray sealer. The white board is naturally glossy, so you can really tell where it’s been sprayed. Now that I know better, I’ll never to that again!

The fabulous Maine stamps are from Repeat Impressions. I LOVE them! I couldn't believe it when I found a Nubble Light stamp - AND blueberries!


Peace & Blessings!

No comments: