Thursday, March 29, 2007

What do you want?

I am awestruck at the fact that most people talk about what they don’t want! Why do we do that? Why not just speak exclusively about what we want?

I don’t want my husband/wife to…..
I don’t like it when my kids….
I can’t stand it when I’m cut off in traffic….

What if we flipped our choice of thoughts?

I love it when my husband/wife…..
I appreciate it when my kids….
I love that other drivers are as courteous as I am….

When we focus on something, it gets bigger. That said, I’m going to challenge myself to focus on what I want, exclusively, for 24 hours. Can I do it? Stay tuned…


As for my current Avalanche of Appreciation:

Adam.
I have a supportive family.
I have friends that are amazing.
I have wonderful, multiple streams of income.
My chiropractor.
I was blessed to receive a gift card in the mail.
Adam has a new job.
I ran into an old friend yesterday.
I have rubber stamps. (and I know how to use them)
I have a rich spiritual life.
I am reading a novel that is hard to put down.
My cats are cuddle bugs.
My Jacuzzi.
My CRV.
Exercise equipment – and a room to hold it all.
I can tap dance.
I am a voracious reader, and I am armed with a library card.
My backyard is the host of wildlife: deer, rabbits, owls, frogs, etc.
Spring is in the air.
I practice EFT, Sedona Method, PSYCH-K, and a multitude of other techniques.
I have the original version of The Secret.
I just spent a weekend at a spa.
Both Adam, and myself are excellent cooks.

The list goes on… but that’s enough for my blog, for now.

Peace & Blessings!


PS: I just read this - and it struck me. I *think* it's from the book In A Pit With A Lion - but I'm not positive. (I haven't read this book)
Lion Chaser's Manifesto:
"Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshipping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze a new trail. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away. Chase the lion."

No comments: