Friday, October 30, 2009

Sewing? Really?

I have finished Christmas gifts.

Everything is made, wrapped, tagged, and sitting pretty in a plastic tote waiting for December.

On one hand, it feels AMAZING to be done so early.

On the other hand, I have been obsessively creating in my studio for the past 2+ months, and now I'm out of projects that NEED to be done.

What to do.... what to do....?

LAVENDER EYE PILLOWS!

I know, crazy right?
I don't think I've pulling my sewing machine out for 3 years, and I did last night.

I'm in the process of whipping up some yummy lavender eye pillows to have on hand for future gift giving. I found some fun fabric, so last night I washed, pressed and cut it to size. I think I sewed half of my panels (all 24 that I cut). I received my filler today, so this weekend I will fill a few and snap some photos.

I subscribe to the thought - you can NEVER have too many gifts on hand. You just never know when you'll need a quick gift for someone, or a hostess gift.

I'd love to hear from you:
What is the most memorable hostess gift you've ever received?
What is the most memorable funny gift you've ever received?
Why?

I'm looking for more ideas of fun things to whip up and have on hand.



Happy Halloween!

No comments: