Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Barking Frog Glass


I went to the Barking Frog Glass Studio to learn how to solder, and get some questions answered.
It's been in my blood for a while to learn how to solder - I'm seeing jewelry, ornaments, stained glass....

So, anyway, back to my story: Adam has a soldering heal tool, and a few other supplies, so I didn't really need much - except, instruction. I've been asking Adam questions, and he suggested, "Google It". So I did - and I found the Barking Frog, 8 miles from my house!!!

I popped in today, introduced myself to the owner - a simply lovely woman - and said "will you teach me to solder?"

She was AWESOME!!!!

I pulled out an ornament to show her my initial goals, and she spent over 2 hours with me. Showed me the right way to solder, beginner mistakes & how to easily correct them, how to get different finishes (silver, black, antique brass) using silver solder (VERY COOL INDEED), how she constructs projects, she made a bluebird stained glass night light while I was there, and on and on and on! TOO COOL!!!!!

THEN.... I see glass beads and mention I'd love to learn that..... and she hands me her class schedule. I can take a class in January (here's to manifesting the funds for that baby!).

OHMIGOODNESS! My creative juices are flowing so much; I've got paralysis by analysis action happening: Do I make ornaments? Some bling for my car's rear view mirror? A pendant? Where do I start?

Where do I start: I blog about my thrilling experience this afternoon!

Pictures are sure to come soon.... stay tuned!

Peace & Blessings!

PS - What skill have you always wanted to learn? I love it if you'd post a comment and let me know!

No comments: