Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Adam and I went to Maine to visit my family for Turkey Day. I don't go home nearly enough. It's amazing how life just seems to happen!

This is the view from my childhood bedroom window. I grew up in southern Maine, right on the border. That land, across the Piscataqua River, yep, that's New Hampshire. I wasn't kidding; I grew up RIGHT on the border! (Remember, you can click on the photo to make it bigger)

I drove "Up Maine" to visit a dear friend, Jen, whom I met in Polarity School. She lives on a Dairy Farm. My grandfather had a farm, and let me tell you, seeing the red barn, then visiting the cows.... well, that smell sure brought me back!

These ladies were about ready for milking:


Before we left the coast, I insisted on going to my FAVORITE beach spot! Adam, of course, had no objections. There's just something about the salt water air, and the sound of the surf that is so comforting to me. I love where I live now, but I definitely miss living on the coast.

I took loads of pictures, here are some samples:




All in all, Thanksgiving was good. Got to see some extended family, beat my dad at 2 games of Ticket To Ride (I have to brag about that, as he's a serious contender when it comes to playing games!), ate really good food (my mom ROCKS in the kitchen department, amongst other areas), my brother and his wife brought their cat.... HILARIOUS!

Peace & Blessings!

No comments: