Sunday, May 20, 2007

MY PARENTS ROCK!!!!!!!

My parents visited for the weekend. Why do they rock? I’ll tell you:

Mom and I went shopping (2 women that dislike shopping) – but we went with a purpose. She hooked me up with plants, potting soil, pots, and chocolate – not to mention the in depth conversations we had in the car together!

Dad and Adam cut down birch trees that were done in by the ice storm. That was a huge project.

I woke up, looked out the window and saw my mother cleaning up the sugar snap pea bed, and planting the peas for this season.

We all played a part in planting veggies, herbs, and a couple of flowers. I’m branching into flowers this year… wish me luck. Last year was our first summer in this house, and because of our HUGE deer, rabbit, and other animal population, I did a lot of container gardening on the deck. I am doing the same this year. Right now it is pouring rain, otherwise I would have taken a picture for you. I will soon… promise.

I’ve got zucchini, broccoli, spinach, lettuce, sunflowers, lavender, thyme, basil, rosemary, sugar snap peas, tarragon, cilantro, and flowers going on! I’m sure I haven’t listed everything because my deck is loaded with pots!

I played Ticket To Ride with Dad. He beat me this trip - 2 out of 3 games.

So, that’s why my parents rock! They show up and my house is always more beautiful than it was before they came. They help us out with projects. They are also some of the easiest overnight guests EVER! (As in, we don't blink an eyelash is they want to stay longer, and this weekend we were disappointed they had to leave so soon) Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

Peace & Blessings!

No comments: