Thursday, May 24, 2007

Baby Giggles

I had a fun experience in a Target checkout line tonight:

There was a woman in line in front of me with a baby that appeared to be about 10-12 months old. She was holding a sippy cup for him, while trying to unload her cart’s contents onto the belt. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Needless to say, the cup slides out of baby’s mouth, and a scream started to build. You know those screams that start from the baby’s toes and builds up through their body until it’s released through the mouth. Those screams that you think your ear drums are going to split if you are within a mile of it.

So, the scream made it to the lips of baby – when – baby locks eyes with me – and I smile the biggest, most joyful smile I could muster. The scream turned into giggles! The baby just looked at me and giggled while Mom could unload her cart and completely checkout. ROCK ON!!!!!

I love this because – yes, there’s always a lesson – I’ve been conscious of maintaining my state of being no matter what others are doing around me. I’ve been playing with the concept that either I shift to match other’s moods, or if I maintain my mood – others shift to match my mood. It’s great when I’m in a good mood, and I don’t allow someone in a bad mood to bring me to them.

Baby matched me – I didn’t match baby, or allow myself to go into a negative state about a screaming baby in Target. ROCK ON!!!!!

Peace & Blessings!

No comments: