Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Tale of 2 Funnies

1. This evening, Adam and I were on the couch talking. Apollo was draped across a dining room chair, looking at us, and his tail was hanging over one edge.

I said “Apollo” and his tail danced.
“Car” tail twitch
“Cat” tail twitch
“Apollo” tail dance
“Chair” tail twitch
“Adam” tail twitch
“Alison” tail twitch
“Apollo” tail dance

And on I went. Adam and I just howled! He would react to every word I said with a slight tail twitch, but when I said his name, his tail would do a little dance. We had never noticed that before.

Adam pointed out – “Like what they said on The Secret, pets are great for putting you in a good mood.”


2. Yesterday, at the office, a 5 year old girl was spending some time with us. She had to go to the bathroom, which she announced. She ran into the bathroom, left the door open, and then was pretty quiet for a while. (From my desk, I cannot see into the bathroom, thankfully.) I heard her lightly banging her feet against the toilet bowl, so I was half aware of where she was and what she was doing, but more focused on work…............. Until….............. from the bathroom, in a sweet 5 year old voice..........…. I heard….........

“Hallelujah! Hallelujah!”

I had all I could do NOT to howl with laughter! She could hear me after all. I truly think that is one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard in my life! I’m still laughing, and still telling the story to everyone.

Peace & Blessings!

No comments: