Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cards Gone Wrong!

I have decided to post these, because recently someone said to me: “you could never make an ugly card.”


HA! Check this out:


This card isn’t so bad. The problem was with the dimensions. I did it wrong. Once I realized, I thought “sure, I can trim through multiple layers of paper, and keep it even.


Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.


So, really, it’s not that this card is ugly, I love the layout (which I CASED off SplitCoastStampers.com). The problem is that the card is uneven, and therefore doesn’t have the finished crisp look I strive for.



This card, on the other hand, is doomed!


Do you want to know HOW it is possible I could botch a card so far beyond dignity?


Well, I needed to make a quick birthday card for a friend.


I chose the stamp set, but didn’t feel like coloring the flower. So, instead I stamped it on colored paper and cut out. Actually, I like this look, so you’ll see it again on here.


I grabbed the yellow paper to fold the card. Then I realized that Michele gave me the SU scallop punch when she was here a couple weeks ago. (Thanks Michele!) And I really wanted to use my fabulous new punch. So, I punched across the bottom. Still looking good at this point.


Then….. (cue ominous music) I decided the background would have to be a cuttlebug embossing folder. When I was running it through my Big Shot, I wasn’t paying close attention as I had my DVD player running…. And really… just how difficult is it to turn the crank on a Big Shot?


Well…. The problem was, when I lined up the paper inside the embossing folder, I lined it up with the folder, NOT the embossing section. I pulled the paper out of the Big Shot, and I had about a ¼” of NON-embossed paper on the right edge! OH NO!


My fabulous new scallop punch was still in front of me, so I thought “well, I could scallop off that edge”. And I did.


What was I thinking?!?!?!


At this point, I got to laughing, that I decided I would finish the card, just to put on here to show you how too much of a good thing is TOO MUCH!


This is a card gone wrong! Too many things going on here.


Still, it’s funny!


Thanks for laughing WITH me!


Peace & Blessings!

No comments: