Thursday, March 20, 2008

THINK SPRING!

I don't know about you..... I am so very ready for SPRING! This whole, upstate New York, rain, sleet, damp, cold thing that's been happening for a few days - just not OK.

Ah, but there is light at the end of the tunnel... or should I say "light on my desk at work":

I got myself a candle warmer for my desk:



For a multitude of reasons, smells in the office can range from:
"yummy" to "holy moley - that's just not right!"

To help with this, I filled my office with the smell of lilacs today - and this has made it so much easier for me to THINK SPRING!

This warmer, warms from the top, NOT the bottom, so it's INSTANT smelling goodness. Gotta love that!


Other Spring Themes:
My spring cleaning bug has bitten. I haven't started, I'm just thinking about it. Organizing what needs to be done, in my head.

Veggie Garden plans have begun. Although, this is where I trust that my parents will come for a visit and my mom with help. She's such a ROCK STAR when it comes to growing food! Dad will also get his hands dirty, and help out around the house. (oh, idea! maybe this is when we should redo the front fence? hhhhmmmmmm.....)


Our summer projects list has grown to a scary size:

Install new floors (at least dining room and hallway, prefer entire floor plan except kitchen)
Paint the ENTIRE interior of the house
Rip out all landscaping, and re do
New fence in front yard
New fence around propane tanks
Rip out front walkway, and lay down stone, or brick, or something nice
Dishwasher situation (you have to know us, and if you do, you're laughing right now)
Maybe a new fridge (have you SEEN the fridge technology lately? I know - scary that I'm excited about appliances, but seriously! Cool stuff!)
We would love to finally get a solar heater for the pool (extend our upstate New York swim season from mid June - early Sept to end of May - end of Sept)
I want to paint a new mailbox.
I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting right now.... to be continued!


So, shall I check in, oh, say, October with what we ACTUALLY accomplished?


Peace & Blessings!

No comments: